Scientific interests: Oceanography, marine and aquatic biogeochemistry
1. Biomineralization in foraminifera and corals: Physiology, cellular mechanisms and their implications for paleoceanographic interpretations.
2. Marine aspects of the global carbon cycle, particularly photosynthesis and calcification in corals and foraminifera in view of ocean acidification.
3. Biogeochemistry of stable carbon isotopes in marine and aquatic systems.
4. Development of new tools for paleoceanography and paleolimnology using stable isotopes and trace elements.
5. Carbon and nutrient cycling in coral reefs in view of global change.