Call for Applications for Tenure-Track Faculty Positions
The Institute of Earth Sciences, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The Institute of Earth Sciences in the Faculty of Science at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem seeks outstanding candidates for tenure track faculty positions at all levels beginning in the summer/autumn of 2020. Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in any field of Earth Sciences. The ideal candidate will have significant post-doctoral experience, though outstanding candidates at early stages of their post-doctoral research will also be considered.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their academic credentials, their potential for undertaking ground-breaking research, and their commitment to teaching undergraduate and graduate and to mentoring research students. Successful candidates are expected to establish and lead an independent research team pursuing a state-of-the-art research program and to contribute significantly to the undergraduate and graduate teaching programs.
The review of applications will begin on October 15, 2019, and applicants are strongly encouraged to submit applications by that date; late applications may be considered if the positions have not already been filled.
Each application should include the following documents in PDF format. Each item in a separate PDF file (please follow the detailed instructions):
- the applicant's curriculum vitae – Please follow the exact instructions here.
- an updated list of publications, including an explanation regarding the contribution of the applicant to each multi-authored publication – Please follow the exact instructions and format here.
- the applicant's scientific biography (2-4 pages)
- a research proposal detailing the candidate's research plans for the next several years. In a separate page the candidate should state laboratory space and instruments needed for his/hers research. This will provide the selection committee an idea, and can be modified at later stages of the process.
- the candidate's teaching interests, including names and short descriptions of potential courses both for undergraduate core and advanced courses.
- the above teaching interests should include information on the candidate's previous teaching experience (if exists), including teaching evaluations as available
- PDF files of the three most representative published (in press papers are OK) of the candidate's work thus far
- recommendation letters from the candidate's Ph.D. and postdoctoral advisors (if there are more than one Ph.D. or doctoral research advisor, a letter should be supplied by each one) – these letters should be sent by the advisors directly (not via the candidate) to Prof. Ari Matmon (see address below). It is the responsibility of the candidate to check whether they were sent and/or arrived
- a list of five referees who are experts in the candidate's field and who may be approached by the Faculty of Science to evaluate the candidate's qualifications for the requested position – please describe the level of candidate's acquaintance with the suggested referees and include at least two referees with whom the candidate has not collaborated. Please do not approach these referees directly.
Contact Persons: Please send all the Material to Prof. Ari Matmon. If there is no response from him, please resend with a copy to Ms. Ruth Lischinski.
Prof. Ari Matmon, Chair Ruth Lischinski, Assistant for Academic Affairs
The Institute of Earth Sciences Faculty of Science
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Edmond J. Safra Campus, Edmond J. Safra Campus,