Clumped isotopes and three oxygen isotopes in carbonate minerals
Dust and soil phosphate δ18O
Organic δ13C and water δ18O
Δ17O and δ18O of O2 and H2O
Organic and water δD analysis
The Fredy & Nadine Herrmann Institute of Earth Sciences Stable Isotopes Laboratory hosts two main instruments:
1. A Flash Elemental Analyzer (EA) 1112 series coupled to a Delta Plus mass spectrometer (IRMS, Thermo Finnigan, Germany) use for sulfur isotope analysis of balk solid S samples /total sulfur in organic samples (pyrite, sulfate,oil, kerogen, etc.).
2. A Flash Elemental Analyzer (EA) 1112 series coupled to a Delta V mass spectrometer (IRMS, Thermo Finnigan, Germany) in use for carbon and nitrogen isotope analysis of balk solid samples.
3. A Gas-chromatograph isotope ratio mass spectrometer (Thermo Finnigan, Trace GC 1310 connected to a Delta V via GC-isolink and Conflu IV) for measuring compound specific hydrogen and carbon isotopes.
4. A Picarro water isotope analyzer for water and vapor (δD, δ18O, δ17O).
5. Gas chromatography (GC) and high resolution multi-collector inductively-coupled plasma mass spectrometry (MC-ICP-MS, Neptune Plus, ThermoFischer, Germany) is used for Compound specific (e.g. DMS, petroleum) δ34S analysis at the picomole level
Routine Analysis of the following are olso performed:
(IRMS, Thermo Finnigan, Germany)